About The Box Limited (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is About The Box Limited, registered address 12 High Drive Basingstoke RG22 6JS United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We use the information to respond to your requests, customising your shopping experience, improving our service, and communicating with you. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.Aboutthebox.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
- We also keep a record of activities throughout our online app, including but not limited to any items you discard and reasons for this.
- We may keep a record of correspondence we have had with you.
- We may ask you for participation in research and survey completion, which you have the option to decline.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our usersâ€™ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use â€ścookies,â€ť and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses www.Aboutthebox.co.uk. This helps us improve our service and create a great experience for each customer.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire once the sessions ends.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.]
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, developing systems, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail, phone call or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Our Web sites might include links to third-party Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these Web sites.
We work to protect the security of your information during order transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts order information you transmit. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card/debit number to the appropriate credit card/debit card company during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of About The Box Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site, please formalise this request to firstname.lastname@example.org
CONDITIONS OF USE AND REVISIONS
If you choose to visit About The Box, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice including limitations on damages, disputes, and choice of law.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.